We wrote the other week all about what Single Touch Payroll (STP) Reporting is about, and what the ATO tells us.
Reckon, an Australian company, is a popular accounting software for many small & medium businesses.
Here is how they are preparing for STP, from the Reckon and STP single touch payroll page –
We’re supporting STP across our online and desktop range. The following products will be ATO compliant by 1 July 2018*:
- Reckon One;
- Accounts Hosted;
- Reckon Accounts 2018 version onwards;
- Payroll Premier 2018/19 version onwards.
We’ve developed a new application called GovConnect STP that will make meeting your STP requirements quick and easy. GovConnect STP acts a gateway to the ATO enabling you to view and lodge your STP reporting no matter what Reckon product you use.
✓ Lodge directly to the ATO
✓ Review before you submit
✓ No extra cost
✓ ATO status messages
✓ Review past submissions
✓ MFA secure
Single Touch Payroll Checklist
Reckon also have a created a checklist with some important questions to consider to help you get prepared for STP. Sign up to download.
And from the Reckon Community, Rav the Community Manager, explains further detail –
- You won’t need to do anything other than upgrade to the latest version of Reckon Accounts Hosted which will be released in June.
- No, we are not using an intermediary to lodge.
- There is no additional cost to lodge using SBR through Reckon Accounts Hosted.
- Users cannot do testing. All data transmitted through the service will be seen as live data as the ATO does not have a mechanism to set a lodgement as test data (aside from their test service which is for development use only and uses specific data).
Get a FREE 30 min answer to your query, and FREE ongoing email or phone support – No-one offers as much!
DOWNLOAD a FREE “Bookkeeping Quarter Checklist” to get organised! CLICK HERE
Or ask a question – Email email@example.com or call 0407 361 596 Australia