Client emailed asking why they can’t email invoices – they have tried everything with Windows 8.1 and Reckon settings. Even tried to locate outlook but can’t locate in 8.1. Can we help please?
If you have problems when trying to save as a PDF or when emailing from Accounts Business, try assigning the QuickBooks V4 PDF Converter to its own printer port. Close Accounts Business and delete the printer files QBPRINT.QBP and wpr.ini. If you need help just follow the guide here. Open Devices and Printers > Right click QuickBooks V4 PDF Converter, select Printer Properties and then click into the Ports tab. To assign QuickBooks V4 PDF Converter to its own port and Click Add Port > Highlight ‘Local Port’ then click New Port > Enter a name > Okay > Close. Now you’ll need to configure the new port. Click into the Advanced tab then: Select ‘Spool print documents so program finishes printing faster’ Un-tick the check box labeled ‘Enable advanced printing features Select ‘Print directly to printer.
Now open your Task Manager (Ctrl Shift Esc on your keyboard) > Open the Processes tab, right-click splWOW64.exe and select End Process. Accept yes to the warning. (Windows 8 users must use Background Processes > Spooler Subsystem App > Print Spooler). Close both the Task Manager and Printer Properties windows then delete your print files again. Right click your Accounts Business desktop icon and under the Properties tab set the Compatibility to ‘Run As Administrator’. If your PC is a Windows 7 or earlier, we recommend you select ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows XP (Service Pack 3)). Reboot your PC and see if it works now.
Other things to consider:
As Windows 8.1 and Internet Explorer v11 were released after the current versions of Reckon Accounts Business, Personal and Hosted were released, our products have not been tested with these new systems. Later releases will be fully tested and compatible. Here are a few tips on some configuration changes to make to ensure your product runs smoothly on the latest operating systems.
- Program Icon – turn on Run As Administrator: Properties > Compatibility. Older versions may need to run in compatibility mode for XP sp2 as well.
- Internet Explorer – add Reckon websites to Compatibility View Settings
- PDF converter – assign it to its unique port.
- Online Activation requires enhanced Protection Mode to be turned off
- Reckon Accounts Hosted should update to the latest Citrix Receiver which is compatible with Windows 8.1
Here are the details. Installing for the first time on Windows 8.1 Not all required features to install Accounts Business are turned on by default in Windows 8.1.
- Turn on .Net Framework 3.5 – Programs & Features > Turn Windows features on or off > tick Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1.
- Ensure all sub-folders are ticked.ll get a message that Windows will go to the internet to download and install the service. If Windows fails to connect to the internet (despite your connection being good), refer to http://www.quicken.com.au/kb/issue_view.asp?ID=4693 for further directions. You may find that Accounts Business is denied access to Network drives. This is a security measure by Windows 8. See http://www.quicken.com.au/kb/issue_view.asp?ID=4886 for full steps to allow access to network drives (you may want to consult your IT professional first as it requires changes to your registry)
Need help? Not sure? Call for FREE 30min advice / Strategy session today!
Call 0407 361 596 Aust and also get FREE “Avoid these GST mistakes” – There’s 18 that the Tax Office see regularly – get them right!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0407 361 596 Australia