There is a new requirement to include the Super Payment Date on payslips, as announced in the Government Budget in May 2011. It is now a legal requirement from 1st July 2013.
To record Reckon 2013-2014 Account Right (formerly Quickbooks in Australia) the compulsory recording of super payment (expected payment date) on payslips, we need to add a field to the payslip.
To show the Super Payment Date (when you expect to pay) on a Payslip you will need to do the following:
1. Activate the Super Payment Date feature;
a. Edit > Preferences > Payroll & Employees > Company Preferences;
b. Tick the box Super Payment Date on Payslip;
c. Click OK.
2. Manually Insert the Super Payment Date when you are processing payroll (have to remember to do):
a. Pay Employees > Enter Payroll Information
b. Now enter the date you expect the super contributions to be received by the Super Funds in the Super Payment Date (expected on or before) box;
c. Complete the pay process.
3. The Super Payment Date appears towards the top of the payslip, its exact position depending on the payslip style.
Note – The Quicken Custom Payslip doesn’t include the Super Payment Date. Users of this template will need to create a Custom Template and add the Super Payment Date field.
Note – All users with customised templates will need to add a new field super Payment date:
1. Lists > Templates > open your customised template > Layout Designer;
2. Right-click on the template > Add > Data Field
3. Select Super Payment Date > OK
4. Move the boxes to the desired location
5. Format the boxes: Right-click > Font > Select Style and Font > OK;
6. OK and OK to close.
See more at –
Need help? Not sure? Call for FREE 30min advice / strategy session today!
0407 361 596 Australia
And also get Free “Avoid these GST mistakes” – there’s 18 that the Tax Office see regularly – get them right!