Caller questioned me – I have paid a supplier via online banking for the total on their statement, but when I went to record it in MYOB Account Right, I realised I had not deleted a bill I entered twice and it was included in the allocation of the amount paid – how do it correct this?
Answer – You can correct it – the payment has to be deleted first – so:
1. find the payment in bank transactions – easiest way is to use Find Transactions (Ctrl+Y) or from the lower part of any Command Centre;
2. Open the transaction (white arrow on left);
3. In the TOP menu click Edit then Delete Payment;
4. Then go back and delete the un-wanted bill – and check all those remaining bills match the statement (if you agree with the supplier);
5. Then re-enter the payment you made and CHECK BEFORE you Save that it is what it should be!
Get a FREE 30 min answer to your query, and FREE ongoing email or phone support – No-one offers as much!
Call and you also get FREE “Avoid these GST mistakes” – There’s 18 that the Tax Office see regularly – Get them right!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0407 361 596 Australia