Things that should be checked:
- That the correct tax table has been selected. Card File command centre > Cards List > Employee Card > Payroll Details > Taxes > Tab Table;
- That no “Extra Tax” amount has been entered against the Employee’s card. Card File command centre > Cards List > Employee Card > Payroll Details > Taxes;
- That none of the wage categories are incorrectly marked as being Exempt from PAYG calculations. You can see these settings by going to:
Payroll command centre > Payroll Categories > Wage Category > Exempt button. Anything that has a tick next to the PAYG tax in this screen will not calculate as part of PAYG amounts;
- That they aren’t salary sacrificing, either for a novated lease, superannuation, or any other reason that is usually tax exempt, as this would vary the amounts of tax paid. If they are engaging in one of these methods of salary sacrifice, please make sure that the deduction categories are correctly set up to be exempt from PAYG calculations;
- That the pay frequency selected in MYOB matches the actual pay frequency for the employee. (If they are paid weekly, they should have weekly selected on their card.) Card File command centre > Cards List > Employee Card > Payroll Details > Wages > Pay Frequency.