Client called saying they are now not registered for GST, but “have thousands of items that I have to remove the ‘prices are tax inclusive’ tick in MYOB and was wondering if there was a quicker was other than going into the item and removing them one at a time.”
Yes there is a quick way to edit items (any part in fact)
Solution: In MYOB –
- DO A BACK UP to be safe!
- (> means “click”) > File > Export Data > Items
- Should say Tab-Delimited and Header Record – leave as is
- > Continue > Match All > Export > Save to Desktop
- Open the ITEM.TXT file that was created on your desktop – it opens in excel. The top row is the headings. Column AB should be “Sell Price Inclusive” and there should be an x in the column cells below.
- Highlight all the cells with an x below, > Delete
- > File > Save, say Yes to any warnings . Close the excel file
- Back in MYOB: > File > Import Data > Items > Tab-Delimited, Header Record, Duplicate Records – “Delete Item” > Continue > Search Desktop, select ITEM.TXT > Match All > Import, Check the report and any warnings, should be “imported without errors”
- Check the items have the box unticked as you wanted.