Check that the superannuation category is set up correctly
- Go to the Payroll command centre and click Payroll Categories.
- Click the Superannuation tab then click the zoom arrow next to the Superannuation Guarantee category. If you have multiple funds, you will need to check each fund in turn.
Check the details of the category as shown below.
Click Employee and make sure that all the relevant employees are selected. This is indicated by a tick appearing to the left of the employee’s name. Click OK to return to the Superannuation Information window.
- Click Exempt and ensure only the appropriate categories have been made exempt, in other words select a category if you do not want superannuation to calculate on that particular wage category.
- Click OK to return to the Superannuation Information window.
- Click OK and exit to the Payroll command centre.
- Click Process Payroll to test whether this category is working. Ensure the date of the paycheque is the 1st of the following month as no paycheques will have been written for that month. This way any prior pays will not influence superannuation calculations.
Source: MYOB Support Notes: