Adjusting year-to-date leave balances
Unlike carry over leave balances, you can’t change the year-to-date hours in the employee’s card. To adjust the accrued hours for an employee you can either:
- adjust the hours in the next pay run, or
- record a leave adjustment paycheque for the affected pay period. This method requires you to record a void paycheque as described in the procedure outlined below.
- Go to the Payroll command centre and click Process Payroll. (Pay Employees in older software versions). The Process Payroll window appears.
- Process Individual Employee.
- Select the employee you want to adjust leave for.
- In the Payment Date field, enter the date you want to record the adjustment.
- Enter a pay date range in the Pay period start and Pay period end fields. This should be for the pay period you are adjusting.
- Click Next. The Select and Edit Employees Pay window appears.
- Click the arrow in the Edit column next to the employee’s name. The Pay Employee window appears.
- Type a reference in the Cheque number field to show it is an adjustment. For example enter ADJ in the field.
- If you want, enter a description of the adjustment in the Memo field.
- Delete all hours and amounts shown in the window. You need to do this so you don’t re-record any pay amounts for the period, other than the leave adjustment.
- In the relevant leave accrual field, enter the adjustment leave hours in the Hours column. For example, if you need to subtract 8 hours from the employee’s holiday accrual, type -8 next to Holiday Leave Accrual.
- Click OK. A warning message appears asking if you want to void the paycheque.
- Click OK. The Select and Edit Employee window appears.
- Click Record. A message appears confirming the number of paycheques to record.
- Click Continue. The void paycheque is recorded and the Process Payments window appears.
- Click Close.
For diagrams and more click on “MYOB – Annual Leave Adjustments” at http://www.accountkeepingplus.com.au/free-how-to