In MYOB, here are several ways you can adjust an employee’s leave balance due for Australian payroll, which is how much holiday time (or leave) they acumulate as they work. We describe how to adjust leave balances carried over from previous years, adjust year-to-date leave balances, and how to transfer an employee’s leave entitlements.
Employee leave is divided into ‘year-to-date’ and ‘carry over’ hours. ‘Carry over’ leave is accrued in a previous year. The following procedures describe how to adjust both parts of leave, and how to transfer hours between entitlement categories.
Tip: If you are adjusting leave hours for several employees, you can run the Entitlements Balance Detail report, which shows the entitlement balances for all your employees.
Adjusting carried-over leave balances
- Go to the Card File command centre and click Cards List. The Cards List window appears.
- Click the Employee tab and select the employee whose leave you want to adjust.
- Click Edit. The Card Information window appears.
- Click the Payroll Details tab.
- Click Entitlements. The Entitlements section displays the total number of hours an employee is entitled to take as sick and holiday pay.
- Type the entitlement hours carried over from a previous period in the Carry Over column next to the entitlement category.
- Click OK then click Close to return to the Card File command centre.
For diagrams and more click on “MYOB – Annual Leave Adjustments” at http://www.accountkeepingplus.com.au/free-how-to